Australian Super and Google Profit from Advertising on Hate Speech, Homophobia and Defamation on Ripoff Report
2. Ripoff Report is accorded a high Google page rank.
3. The website is full of homophobic, racist and misogynistic content and webpages that endanger children and abused partners by publishing identifying details including photos, location and even the birthdate of minors and defames individuals and businesses.
5. In late 2013 I notified advertisers and ad servers of the offensive content on Ripoff Report by providing a detailed overview.
6. As a result in January 2014 Google removed its advertisements globally and Ripoff Report dispatched one of its paid writers to produce additional defamtory content on the website. As shown in this video, Darren Meade wrote that I and a cyberbullying activist, Michael Roberts, hired hackers to defame Australian Judges in order to extort Google.
7. In April 2015 Google once again commenced serving advertisements on Ripoff Report including on thousands of pages of offensive content. Australian Super advertisements continue to be served on the content found defamatory by four Australian Supreme Court Justices as well as on webpages containing homophobic, racist and offensive content.
8. Google employees assist Ripoff Report (and probably other websites) to circumvent automated algorithmic processes to detect offensive content. In light of the email from the editor of Ripoff Report to his attorneys and engineer discussing this assistance, the assurance of Google Australia’s Managing Director Jason Pellegrino defending programmatically-traded digital advertising is challenged (This exhibit is on pp. 644-45 in a very large file of legal documents containing copious evidence of Ripoff Report extortion and vendettas and it can be downloaded here.)
Note that the email from Google states that Ripoff Report advertising was suspended due to its policies of not serving ads on content that advocates against any group organisation or individual. Subsequent emails discuss ‘working with Google’ to circumvent this policy.
9. Google have a long history of profiting from advertising to the detriment of users and their clients. As it admitted in this non-prosecution agreement, for several years Google knowingly sold advertising for illegal pharmaceuticals, including controlled substances, and more recently it was busted taking kickbacks for referrals to dubious drug addiction services so the practice of assisting websites serve advertisements on offensive content is hardly surprising.
10. Google Australia’s in-house lawyers, Michael Takeuchi and Chris Govey are aware that Google is serving advertisements on Ripoff Report because I put it into evidence at my trial. Yet more than two years later ANZ Bank and other corporate clients continue to risk their brand image as well as contribute to the proliferation of hate speech and the destruction of lives. I have notified Google and corporate clients over and over again yet the search engine seems to not care as long as it makes money.
11. Screenshots of some examples are at the end of this blog post and further files of samples of Australian Super advertisements can be downloaded from my cloud drive (paid subscription and virus free).
Samples of Australia Super Advertisements on Offensive Content 2018
Samples of Australian Super Advertisements on Offensive Content 2017
Samples of Australian Super Advertisements on Offensive Content 2015-16
Samples of Australian Super Advertisements on Offensive Content 2013
Australian Super Advertisements on Racist Content
Australian Super Advertisements on Homophobic Content
Australian Super Advertisements on Offensive and Misogynistic Content
Australian Super Advertisements on Content Defamatory of Australians