Duffy v Hennessy & Google
This blog documents my legal battle against Google that has spanned 12 years (2011-2023).
I self-represented in two Supreme Court trials on liability because I could not afford legal teams. I won them both. The 2023 judgment is on this link.
Google have spent several million dollars in its own legal costs despite statements in court that they did not think they could win.
Under the direction of Professor John Hennessy, Google have indicated that they will take this to the High Court of Australia. I am exhausted and I need to instruct lawyers to fight on. I have set up a Gofundme here.
- In 2007 serious defamatory content was published on a website, Ripoff Report. It notoriously publishes false defamatory and unverified content about individuals and business as well as misogynistic, homophobic, abusive and race hate material. The website extortion is enabled by Google and individuals and businesses must pay tens of thousands of dollars to save their reputation in the Google search results. Further details are provided on this page.
- In 2015 I won a defamation case against Google self-represented and this was subsequently upheld on appeal. Further details are on this page.
- Google continued to publish the defamatory content in Australia for two years after it was found to be defamatory. In 2022, again self-represented, I endured another trial. Further details are on this page.
- Google, under the direction of the current Chairman of Alphabet, Professor John Hennessy have spent millions of dollars in an attempt to force me to ‘go away’. Further details are on this page.
- The search engine has used bullying tactics (including when I had a medical certificate), attempted to scare me, doxed me and a fellow activist online, and treated me with utter contempt.